Guest Posting Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in writing for Project Done! We love to have like-minded organizers and financial guru’s contribute on our blog to share more information with our readers than what we can do on our own.
Our main purpose is to create a go-to website when others are looking for organization and financial professionals. Because of this, we strive to provide our readers with original and up-to-date content.
Before submitting your guest post, please refer to the following guidelines:
- We’re looking for high-quality writing that offers practical and helpful advice, whether related to organizing or financial advice.
- Hint to help layout your guest post: We love bullet points and numbered steps!
- Your submitted work, if published, must be written for our site alone. Our only exception is if you are a regular blogger on your own and would like to take an older post from your own blog and re-write it with updated information for ours.
- Photographs, we believe, heighten the blogging experience and help every new blog post catch a reader’s eye when photos are included. We ask that you include photos in with your blog to help visually explain what you are writing. We also ask that you either take the photos yourself, or you have the rights to use these photos. If you don’t, we ask for you to give credit to the photo. (One simple way is to use the Flickr Creative Commons search engine)
- We will edit your post for grammar, spelling, and any other corrections to the content needed before publishing it to our readers. We may change or add in titles, links or information we think will enhance your post. If any drastic changes were made, we will inform you of those changes before publishing the edited post.
- You may talk about your own blog, projects and advice you personally use yourself. You may link to your own blog when necessary, but please use outside links sparingly.
Organization: We are looking for guest posters to submit content related to organizing, clutter, hoarding, time management, productivity, shortcuts and similar topics. However, some off-topic submissions will be considered.
Financial: We are looking for guest posters to submit content related to how to save money, credit cards, debt, business advice, alternative income, apps that are helpful to use, and similar topics. However, some off-topic submissions will be considered.
Due to receiving multiple submissions, we are unable to accept them all. Our goal is to consistently provide our readers with the very best and most beneficial posts. Here are a few reasons why your entry may be declined:
- Your submission should not infringe on any copyright or trademark laws. We will check all guest posts, and will decline your submission if we find the information was stolen and plagiarized from a previously published article or post.
- If we receive an email that appears to be spam, such as a message that begins, “Dear Webmaster,” or “Dear admin,” we will not accept your submission. We also will not publish your post if you own a spam-related website. We only share personalized posts with our engaged readers, and would hope that you desire the same.
- We do not support posters who submit guest posts including affiliate links in the post content.
- We appreciate those who do their research and ensure that the ideas they pitch to us haven’t already been published on our blog.
Are you ready to submit?
How to submit your guest post:
- Send an email to email@example.com using “Guest Post Submission” as the subject title. Please include the following in either the body of the email, or as attachments: Title, content, attachments for photos including any links to give credit, and a brief bio (no more than one paragraph) with a head-shot if you choose to include it (not required but encouraged!), and links to your Social Media sites (no more than 5).
- To ensure true formatting to what you submitted, we ask that you send your content through a Word Document or HTML text. We will try our best to keep your formatting intact, but as stated above, we may change a few things we think will enhance the post.
- We have no rigid rules on length, but it should be long enough to be substantive – but not overly lengthy.
- Feel free to post links in your post from our own posts or pages within Project Done. But please use outside links sparingly.
- If you would like to giveaway something – a book you’ve written, a gift card, ect – let us know and we can work out setting up a Rafflecopter giveaway to go out with your post!
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! The owners of Project Done reserve the right to make all editorial decisions, and submitting a guest post is not a guarantee it will be published. We are more than happy to work with you on developing ideas for guests posts to ensure they are publishable. Please don’t hesitate to email us your ideas so we can work together to ensure they get published.
Posting date information:
- Articles are scheduled based on openings in the Project Done editorial calendar. Dates are subject to change. When you are given a posting date, you must submit ALL content at least 1 week before that date – though 2 weeks will always be preferred.
- If you’ve already submitted all of your content (which you can do at any time), and we decide to use it, we’ll tell you the date in which it will be published. Note: If we decline your submission, we will let you know.
What we will do:
- We love sharing new content with our readers. For every new blog post, we will share the link across our Social Media, Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Pinterest, ect, and create a promo image for our Instagram feed. (Via @ProjectDone – Hashtag, #ProjectDoneLifestyle)
- We may also link back to it in our own postings, as well publicize it throughout the year across Social Media.
- We will include your bio and head shot in every post we have of yours, linking back to your Social Media links and your own website/blog.
What we ask of you:
- We will send you a link to share on your Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and any other Social Media sites you would like to spread the word to.
- Interact in the comments section of your guest post! Readers may ask further questions, and we’d like for you to regularly check back on those posts for the first week or so after it being published to catch any of those questions as they come up. If enough time has passed and we randomly receive another comment, we will inform you to let you know.
- We would like to encourage you to write a shorter/teaser version of your article on your own blog and link it back to the post on ours. Be sure to ONLY include parts of the post, not the entire thing.
- Optional: If you have an email marketing campaign (Constant Contact, ect) we would like to ask you to share you “teaser” post there, as well, with a link back to ours.
Becoming a Regular Guest Blogger:
- If you would like to be a regular guest poster for our blog – ask! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in becoming a regular blogger at Project Done. (Spots are open for monthly and bi-monthly posters!)
As always, we are always grateful for any suggestions you may have about how we can improve the site so that it serves you better. If you have any suggestions or tips of how we can improve the Project Done site, please send them to email@example.com
Live Your Passion,
The Project Done Team